Learn the complete story of the world s most famous steam locomotive in the Flying Scotsman - Official Collection DVD. The Official collection includes 11 programmes split over four DVDs, a 148-page hardback book and a memorabilia pack containing replicas of original items.
11 programmes on 4 DVDs:
1. THE FLYING SCOTSMAN - 1929 romantic thriller starring Moore Marriott, Ray Milland and Pauline Johnson with incredible action sequences of Flying Scotsman.
2. PRESERVING THE LEGEND - Alan Peglar s official films in 1963 and 1964.
3. TENDER MEMORIES - A series of thrilling adventures in 1968 including a Paddington to Cardiff speed record.
4. ON TOUR NORTH AMERICA - Flying Scotsman s 1968- 1972 adventures in America and Canada.
5. COMING HOME - Sir William McAlpine and his mission to bring Flying Scotsman back to Britain.
6. ON TOUR AUSTRALIA - A celebration of Flying Scotsman's unforgettable tour of Australia in 1988.
7. AUSTRALIA MOBIL FILM - Dramatic action of Flying Scotsman in Australia in 1989.
8. THE INAUGURAL SCOTSMAN - A detailed record of 4472 s 1999 journey from King s Cross to York.
9. ON TOUR EDINBURGH TO YORK - A footplate adventure between Edinburgh and York in 2000.
10. FLYING SCOTSMAN THE PEOPLE'S ENGINE - The story of Flying Scotsman s restoration at the NRM including her return to steam in 2011.
11. A RAIL ROMANCE - Using fantastic archive film and personal testimony, actress Barbara Flynn narrates the wonderful story of the nation's favourite steam locomotive (as seen on BBC).
A collection of authentic historical memorabilia created from original items. These include a 1926 King s Cross to York ticket (Fare 23s 6d), twelve 1930s destination luggage labels, a 1950 music sheet of The Flying Scotsman Piano Solo, 1962 luncheon menu card & wine list, 1963 "Save Our Scotsman" poster, and five engineer s technical drawings.
148-page hardback book:
Packed with beautiful and rare photographs, James S. Baldwin tells the full story of Flying Scotsman s remarkable life, documenting in stunning detail the highs and lows of her numerous adventures. Official product fully endorsed by the National Railway Museum, it includes a limited edition certificate of authenticity.